Beauty Everywhere Now
What’s pleasantly and presently presenting itself to me are two of my favorite expressions of beauty and joy–flowers and mandalas. I must have designed new flowers into being during the time of Atlantis, and will continue 10,000 years from now (I love flowers that much)! In this life time I have worked with mandalas as a tool for transformation for over 10 years. Today validated the “do something with this!” When visiting a friend for lunch, next to her front door on her porch was a flower mandala that she created with flowers from her garden (Judy, if you are reading this, please take a pic and send here!) Beautiful. It inspired me so that I came home and created one with the flowers I had in my home. I truly enjoyed the process, the colors, the shapes, and the visual of the completed mandala. I started researching more about flower mandalas and discovered others who are creating them.
The Earth laughs in flowers – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- David J. Bookbinder – http://blog.beliefnet.com/flowermandalas/
- Kathy Klein – http://www.danmala.com/
- Karen Casey Smith – http://karencaseysmith.com/blog/gallery/mandalas/
- Kathryn Hall – http://plantwhateverbringsyoujoy.com/?p=711
- Janet Tam London – http://www.tamlondonhummingbirdarts.com/hummingbirdarts2.html
- Blog – http://www.artfulparent.com/2011/06/the-perfect-frame-for-a-flower-mandala.html
If you know of an artist please share the link in your comment or links to sites about different cultures and flower mandalas.
Nature’s Sweet Grace.